5 Must See Spots with a Boat Tour on Santorini
The wild landscapes combined with the azure waters, are a dream destination for many travelers who love the sea. A boat tour around Santorini is a must-do, offering breathtaking views, hidden gems, and a unique perspective of this enchanting Greek island. Here are five must-see spots you shouldn’t miss on a boat tour around Santorini.
1. Caldera and Warm Springs: Start your boat tour from the charming harbor of Ammoudi Bay and set sail towards the breathtaking Caldera. Enjoy sightseeing across the caldera cliffs with the traditional white-washed buildings and blue-domed churches creating a postcard-perfect panorama. As you cruise along the Caldera, don’t miss the opportunity to dip into the therapeutic warm springs located near the volcanic islets of Nea Kameni and Palea Kameni.
Immerse yourself in these mineral-rich waters, a natural spa set amidst the Aegean Sea, rejuvenating body and mind.
2. Vlychada Beach: You may also embark on a luxury catamaran tour from the exquisite Vlychada Beach, renowned for its lunar-like landscape. With its pure and sophisticated allure, this distinct spot differs from the rest of the island, catering to even the most discerning travelers. Aboard a luxury catamaran, indulge in the refreshing and satisfying experience of dipping your toes or immersing yourself in the pristine waters of Vlychada, where both swimmers and sightseers alike find delight in this unique coastal haven.
3. Red Beach: As your boat continues along the coastline, you’ll encounter one of Santorini’s most famous and unique beaches—the Red Beach. It stands out from the rest of the island’s black beaches because of its distinct red-hued sand, cliffs and pebbles. The cruise allows you to witness the striking contrast between the crimson cliffs and the deep blue waters of the Aegean Sea. While the beach itself is accessible by land, the view from the sea offers a different perspective, showcasing the vibrant colors and rugged beauty of this natural wonder.
4. Mesa Pigadia (White Beach): Located in the village of Akrotiri, one of the most famous south beaches, the White Beach takes you to dazzling white cliffs that cascade into the crystalline sea. Accessible by a boat or a scenic hike, this secluded paradise captivates with its striking contrast of ivory sands and deep azure waves. A tranquil escape, the White Beach invites you to bask in the sun’s warmth, offering a serene retreat from the vibrant energy of Santorini’s bustling attractions. The perfect swimming spot.
5. Oia Sunset from the Sea: While Oia is renowned for its spectacular sunset, witnessing this natural spectacle from the deck of a boat adds an extra layer of magic. As the sun begins its descent, casting hues of orange and pink across the sky, the silhouette of Oia’s iconic windmills and white buildings creates a scene straight from a fairy tale.
A catamaran cruise is not only the most romantic getaway to share with your loved one, but also the most stimulating experience to share with friends and family. The boat tour will allow you to appreciate the island in a different perspective, an immersive sensory experience that you will recall for a lifetime.