Uncover the fascinating history of Santorini on a guided tour of the Akrotiri excavations, a prehistoric town that has been frozen in time by ash that fell during the Minoan volcanic eruption 3,600 years ago.
Some speculate that this may be the origin of “Atlantis”, a mythical city described in the scripts of the Greek philosopher “Plato” and has been lost in time since.
Ruins, frescoes, and impressive ceramic artifacts are just a few of the finds that add even more intrigue to the site as you wander around.
Continue your wine discovery in the island’s countryside visiting 3 traditional Santorini wineries and enjoying cellar tours to see how the wine-making process unfolds, from grape to glass.
Learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture traditions at the unforgiving island conditions & taste a selection of 15 Santorini wine styles such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri, and the sublimely sweet Vinsanto wine.
- 6-hour in-depth history and wine tour led by a Greek archaeologist and an expertise sommelier.
- Discover the fabled city of Akrotiri, lost for centuries underneath Santorini’s volcanic ash.
- Hear the fascinating history of Akrotiri by a professional guide, uncovering the links between Plato’s “Atlantis” and the ash-covered prehistoric town of Akrotiri.
- Visit three acclaimed wineries in the picturesque Santorini’s countryside.
- Try up to 15 varietals of Santorini wine such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri, and Vinsanto.
- Enjoy platters of local cheese and tapas alongside wine tastings.
- Admire the charming landscape filled with scenic villages and rolling hills.
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off.
- Transportation by Mercedes-Benz air-conditioned mini-van
- Guided tour of Akrotiri by a professional guide
- Visits at three Santorini wineries all acclaimed by international experts
- 15 different wine-tastings from Santorini and Greece
- English-speaking wine expert guide / Sommelier
- Mini wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines
- Local cheese and snacks to eat alongside wine-tastings at each of the wineries
- Admission tickets at the Akrotiri site and the wineries
- All taxes and tasting fees
- Akrotiri Excavations(1-Hour Guided Tour).
- Hatzidakis Winery
- Santo Winery or Venetsanos Winery
- Avantis (Anhydrous) Winery
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces. This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
Duration 6 hours approx. The exact duration may vary.
Available from April to October.
Parts of Santorini are built on a slope, in case your hotel/ Airbnb is inaccessible by car due to landscape, pedestrianized areas, or any other restrictions, your pickup will be set at a nearby meeting point location within walking distance from your accommodation that will be advised after your booking.
Group of 1-2 Travelers €900 EUR / total
Group of 3-6 Travelers €1200 EUR / total
Additional Travelers€200 EUR / person, extra